One does not simply eat just one potato chip. EVER. Potato chips are not just food, they are addiction. No matter how often we eat them, they taste delicious every other time and we just can’t stop munching them. But have you ever tried eating them besides having them straight from the packet. Probably no. That is because no one ever told you the next level ways of eating your very own potato chips.
So, we did the research on your behalf and have compiled a list of some amazing recipes that you can create with potato chips.
1. Potato Chip Ice Cream-Cake
Yields: 9-inch round cake
- Wafer cookies- 2kg (12)
- Vanilla Ice Cream- 4kg (4 bricks)
- Caramel sauce- ½ Cup
- Hot Fudge Sauce- ¾ Cup
- Thin salted potato chips- 15-20
- Use a 9-inch round springform pan and wrap the bottom of it with two layers of plastic.
- Place 6 wafer cookies inside the pan in an even layer. Cut two bricks of ice cream crosswise into 4 pieces each and place them over your wafer cookies. Using a plastic paper and spatula, even the layer of ice cream. Evenly put 6 more wafer cookies over the layer of ice cream. Top it with caramel sauce and store in the freezer for 2 hours, or until firm.
- Remove the pan from freezer and cut the remaining two bricks of ice cream in the similar manner and place it over the wafers. Evenly spread the ice cream and put a layer of fudge sauce.
- Top your cake with potato chips and cover with plastic paper. Store in freezer for 4-5 hours. Carefully remove your cake from the pan using knives and serve.
2. Potato Chip Omlette
- Olive oil- 1 tsp
- Thinly sliced onion- 2
- Large eggs- 8
- Grated cheddar cheese- 1 cup
- Minced rosemary- 1 tbsp
- Potato chips- one 4g packet (approx.)
- Salt and pepper
- Pour olive oil in the skillet and warm it. Put onions in the oil and cook with constant stirring until they get soft.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, add half of the cheese and ¾ of the total potato chips and combine them together. Put salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Put the egg mix in the skillet and cook for about two minutes, until the bottom begins to set. Sprinkle the remaining chips and the cheese on the mix and broil until it gets puffed. Remove from heat and let it cool for a few seconds before serving.
3. Potato Chip Cookies
Yields: 18 Cookies
- Butter- 2 sticks
- Brown sugar- ¾ cup
- Granulated sugar- ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Large eggs- 2
- All purpose flour- 2 and a half cups
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Potato chips: 4 cups (3g)
- Chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees. Use a mixer grinder and beat together butter and sugar on high speed for about 2 minutes until the mixture gets fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract into the blended mixture and beat them together on medium speed.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and then beat on low speed until the ingredients are just combined. Mix nuts and 2 cups of potato chips and stir well.
- Roll your dough into 2-inch balls and then roll them into the remaining half cup of potato chips for the coating.
- Assemble all the doughs at the gap of 2 inches on the baking sheet and bake until the color of the cookies turn golden. It takes 18-20 minutes usually.
- Let them cool completely on the baking sheet itself.
4. Potato Chip Brownies.
Yields: 2 (8×8)
- All purpose flour- 1 and a half cups
- Baking powder- 2 tsp
- Butter- 1 cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Dark chocolate chips- 300g
- Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp
- Sugar- 2 and a half cup
- Vanilla extract- ½ tsp
- Eggs- 5
- Crushed potato chips- 3 cups
- Take a bowl and mix flour, baking powder, cocoa, salt and whisk the ingredients together.
- In a separate pan, mix dark chocolate, butter and sugar together and set it on heat so that the three items melt and mix together.
- Add the eggs to the flour mixture and stir until they get combined. Then pour into it the chocolate butter mix and mix well.
- Pour the entire mixture into 8×8 baking pans and top with potato chips.
- Bake at 350 degree for approximately 30 minutes. Drizzle over it some more of melted chocolate and let it set for sometime before you serve it.
5. Chicken tenders with potato chip crust
Yields: 2 dozen
- Chicken tenders- 1.5 kg
- Eggs- 2
- Buttermilk- 1 cup
- Potato chips- 2 cups
- Garlic powder- ¼ tsp
- Onion Powder- ¼ tsp
- Paprika- ¼ tsp
- Black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Preheat your microwave at 400 degrees.
- Take a bowl and whisk together buttermilk and eggs. Put chicken tenders into the mixture and leave it for some time.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, put your potato chips and grind them until they break into very little pieces. Add all the seasonings with the potato chips.
- Set your baking sheet and take it out each chicken tender one by one and roll it into the crushed potato chip mix and then place on the baking sheet.
- Put the chicken tenders in the oven and bake for 20-24 minutes. Change their side once during the middle.
- Let them cool for a few seconds on the baking sheet and then serve with mayonnaise or any dressing of your choice.
6. Chocolate Tart with Potato Chip Crust
- Potato chips- 4-5 cups
- Melted unsalted butter- 5 tbsp
- All purpose flour- ¼ cup
- Heavy cream- 1 ¼ cups
- Chopped chocolate- 255g
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- Chopped nuts- ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For the preparation of the crust, pulse the potato chips in a food processor until you get the crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the flour and melted butter in a medium sized bowl and press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch tart pan. Bake it into the preheat oven for 10-12 minutes, until the crust turns golden-brown in color. Let it cool on a rack for approximately 20 minutes.
- For the preparation of the filling, fill another medium sized bowl with chocolate. Boil the cream and pour it over the chocolate in the bowl. Leave it for 5 minutes and then whisk together until the mixture gets smooth. Take a separate small bowl and beat the eggs, vanilla extract and salt together and then pour it into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour your mixture into the cooled crust and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the filling is set at the edges but still shaky in the middle. Let it cool on a rack for almost an hour.
- Top it with the nuts and your tart is all set to give you the delicious taste.