There are times when you want to rig up something fresh and cool to drink but aren’t exactly in the mood to go out. So what do you do when you crave something that your taste buds will relish but still want to stay in the comfort of your home? The answer is simple; grab a bottle of club soda and try out one of these irresistible carbonated recipes that are bound to leave you smacking your lips. Not only are they refreshing and delicious but they’re also super easy to make and will leave you bringing your glass back to the kitchen to make more!
1. Plum- Rosemary Fizz
- Plum (very ripe) 1
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Rosemary 3-4 sprigs
- Catch Club Soda 1 bottle (1 litre)
- Prepare a syrup by mixing the water, sugar and rosemary sprigs in a saucepan and bringing it to a boil.
- Allow the rosemary to steeply in the syrup before taking the sprigs out.
- Slice your plum and muddle it into a pulp which you’ll need to place in the bottom of your glasses.
- Add crushed ice to the glasses and then around 2-3 spoons of the rosemary syrup according to your taste.
- Top the glasses to the rim with soda and your drink is good to go!
2. Pineapple Mint Soda Recipe
- Pineapple chunks 7 cups
- Brown sugar 1 cup
- White sugar 2 cups
- Fresh mint 1 bunch
- Fresh lemon juice 2 teaspoons
- Catch Club Soda as required
- Combine the pineapple and both sugars in a large pot and let it boil overnight while stirring occasionally. The fruit will shrink and dissolve the sugar which will eventually form thick syrup.
- Tie the mint bunch at the stem and dip it into the fruit syrup. Leave the stems sticking out in order to ensure easy removal afterwards.
- Cover the pot and bring it to a gentle boil for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and let the mint steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove the mint after squeezing out as much juice as you can. Strain the entire mixture into a tumbler and add the lemon juice.
- Mix in the soda to ensure a 1:2 mixing ratio of syrup to soda. You can even store the syrup in the fridge for up to 6 weeks!
3. Homemade Ginger Ale
- Honey ½ cup
- Sliced peeled ginger ½ cup
- Catch club soda 4 cups
- Fresh mint as required
- Combine the honey, ginger and ½ cup of water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture for about 15 minutes until the flavours meld forming syrup.
- Strain the syrup into a large pitcher and add club soda, mint and ice and pour it out into glasses after giving it a good mix.
4. Strawberry, lemon and basil soda
- Fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Raw sugar 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Basil Leaves 6-7
- Strawberries 4-5
- Salt 1 pinch
- Catch Club Soda ¾ cup
- Combine the fresh lemon juice, raw sugar, basil, whole strawberries and salt in a glass.
- Muddle the ingredients with a spoon until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add ice cubes and soda water before straining the mixture into a glass!
5. Watermelon Strawberry Cooler
- Watermelon (cubed) 4 cups
- Hulled strawberries 1 cup
- Lime juice from ½ lime
- Mint leaves around 6
- Catch club soda as required
- Chia seeds 2 teaspoons
- Juice the watermelon, strawberries and lime juice and remove the pulp.
- Mix in the chia seeds to the juice and refrigerate for around 15 minutes in order to let the chia seeds swell.
- Muddle 3 mint leaves to the bottom of each glass and add club soda to the juice in a 1:1 ratio and your drinks are ready for tasting!