Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Sonakshi Sinha, Huma Qureshi, Zarine Khan, Adele, Demi Lovato, Kim Kardashian are some of the most gorgeous women we know of. But besides being big celebrities do you know what else do they share in common? All these beautiful women were once victims of body shaming and why just talk about celebs when we ourselves have fallen prey to it. We are constantly being reminded of how we look; often we see magazines and advertisements on television always promoting weight loss drinks and cereals with models flaunting their slim figures.
Since time immemorial, the society has carved out a fancy framework for mankind, expecting humans specially women to adhere to it. The ones who fail to keep up with this lifestyle are mocked and ridiculed. Body shaming can be thought of as one of the worst forms of bullying, which can completely drown the person in an ocean of wrath where one eventually starts hating his/her body.
Most of the people who are victims to body shaming are fat or obese people, ask them and they would tell you the harshest comments that they have heard about their weight that have humiliated them and shattered their confidence into pieces. These people would stare at their bodies and would refrain themselves from meeting people or going for shopping or to a party eventually drowning themselves into an ocean of depression.
Celebs like Demi Lovato, Cheryl Cole, Adele have tweeted some amazing remarks to slam the body shammers for hating them for their weight.
And if you are amongst those who hate their body, you need to stop doing that right now because first of all, hating your body won’t make you thin, and being thin won’t make you stop hating your body. All you need to understand is that it is not about those extra kilos that you have, it is about believing and reminding yourself everyday that you are beautiful the way you are. Having a faith in you will also help keep haters at bay. Remember God made you and He makes no mistakes.
It’s shocking that women across the globe are also being criticized for their inability to get rid of the post-pregnancy ‘belly’ and are no longer considered ‘fit enough’. Famous celebrities like Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Kim Kardashian were targeted by many publications for not losing weight after pregnancy. Aishwarya in an interview said “It isn’t surprising because in this industry it comes as standard when an actress becomes a mother the focus isn’t on her health, it’s how fast she lost her weight, and I don’t worry about this. To me, the well-being and the health of my family is more important than focusing on going back to my pre-pregnancy body in miracle time.”
BATTLE OUT BODY SHAMMING WITH THESE EASY TIPS:
- Never hate yourself for how you have gained weight around your thighs or how bulging your stomach is now. Stop crying over your double chin while looking yourself into the mirror.
- Surround yourself with positive people and not with those who are nagging you about your weight. Keep the ones around you who tell you how beautiful you are the way you are and those who help you gain confidence.
- Be thankful to God for you are able. If your legs allow you to walk and arms allow you to lift groceries and help you eat your favourite meals then feel blessed. There are people who don’t have a limb or two and still living their life.
- Find yourself a hobby that you would enjoy doing and would not become monotonous to you in few days. If you can’t sweat it out in the gym then go for a hobby class that you would look forward to everyday like a dance class.
- Cribbing about your weight issues won’t help but thinking positively about it definitely can help. Stop making excuses and take some time out for yourself. Go for a walk every morning and after dinner. Eat more salads and fruits, drink more water, cut down on colas and junk and always remember that YOU CAN DO IT!
- There is nothing better thenself love. Look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful because you truly are.