“Was summer any less that now monsoon is here to take away the smoothness of our hair?”
Don’t you ask the same question every year around this time? Of course you do because the hardest and the most problematic time for our hair is the monsoon season which is knocking at our doors. It is very important to protect your hair form the rain, the humidity, the sun and the dust and therefore we have brought for you the remedies to save your hair from all the frizz.
1. Save them from the rain or wash them quickly after they get drenched
First thing first, do not let your hair wet in the rain water much often, it is the worst thing that can be done to your hair and in case it happens, wash that rain off your hair. Never let the rain water stay in your hair as it will dry up your hair make it frizzy.
2. Oiling is must
Definitely. Oiling revitalizes your dry hair and provide condition to your brittle hair strands. For best results, massage as long as you can so that your scalp absorbs most of the oil and then cover your head with a plastic cap or a hot towel.
3. Avoid the use of hair straighteners every day
The easiest way to get rid of frizzy hair is using a hair straightener but regular usage of straighteners damages your hair very badly and makes hair even more frizzy. Rather go for natural methods for hair straightening. Milk is the best kitchen ingredient to get naturally straight hair. Just mix a cup of whole milk with one tbsp. honey and apply it on your hair. Wash it off after an hour and your hair will be smoother and straighten like never before
4. Try braids or buns
Both of the hairstyles are totally in and give an amazing look with every outfit and there are so many ways in which you can try them. Tying up the hair saves them from the dust and cause lesser damage as compared to open hair.
5. Use quality products
Don’t use any shampoo or conditioner that you see in the advertisements. Understand the quality of your hair and then choose the products that best suits you. Do not switch to new products very often but also don’t use the same product for very long. You may also try anti frizz shampoos and conditioners. They will definitely help to get rid of the frizz.
6. Get hair spa at least one a month
At least for the 2-3 months while monsoon is there, get the hair spa done once, if possible twice a month positively. Like your body needs food. Your hair needs condition too so don’t let them loose and take good care of them.
7. Use natural hair mask
This is easiest and pocket friendly way to keep your healthy. Yeas, we are not asking you to by the products that claim to be made from natural ingredients but we are asking you to make your own natural hair mask with your kitchen ingredients.
a. Nutritive Egg hair Mask.
Ingredients: Egg, milk, lemon, olive oil
- Use the egg white for oily hair, yolk for dry hair and a whole egg for normal and whisk it well.
- Add half-cup milk and a teaspoon of olive oil into the egg whisk and mix well.
- Squeeze a few drops of lemon. Mix everything well and apply on your hair from scalp to the tail.
- Cover your head with the shower cap and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash it off after 15 minutes. Rinse your hair properly so that there are no egg bits from your hair.
- Use a fruit shampoo for the final cleansing to get rid of the smell.
Use the hair mask, at least, once in a month.
b. Banana Hair Mask
Ingredients: Over ripped banana, coconut oil, olive oil, honey
- Blend one banana very finely so that there are no chunks.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of coconut oil, olive and honey. Mic everything well.
- Put the mask over your hair from scalp to the tail and let it be for at least 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair properly with warm water.
- Comb your hair to see if there are any remains left and rinse again with water.
- Since, bananas smell delicious, you need not even shampoo your hair.
c. Aloe Vera Hair Mask
Ingredients: Aloe Vera, olive oil, egg yolk
- Take 3-4 tablespoon olive oil and heats it for 8-10 seconds.
- Add 4-5 tbsp of Aloe Vera and 2-3 tbsp of egg yolk into the olive oil.
- Apply the mix over your hair using a brush and leave it for 5-6 hours (overnight for best results)
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Use the mask continuously for 8-10 days.